Monday, January 31, 2011

Technofetish

Oh shoot. I'm writing this on(don't be mad) an iPhone. My old trusty cheap phone fromMeijer in Michigan fell into a bucket as I washed salad last week at the farm. And as someone in a new town, where I tend to get lost, someone who's applying for jobs and who doesn't have internet at home...it makes sense. Excuses,excuses.
farm news- tomatoes are started and just beginning to germ. Cherokee purples for the win! Planting potatoes this week... white kennebec and a variety of red potatoes too. Ja and I have been making soap under the guise of experimenting with products for our future farm business. Last week Ginger and lemongrass with. Cinnamon swirl. Today we made tea tree and tangerine with calendula petals. Last week we met with the incubator kitchen woman and found out that selling pickles is not As bureaucratic as I thought. Life is so exciting and I might have two jobs now. Plus the farm and finishing school. Sometimes is hard to explAin myself to new people: grad school in Vermont, homeless shelters, yes I'm a farmer... Got laughed at at dv training when I sAid I have chickens in an ice breaker game. It seems like The Farm is still a marginal position here. It gets a little chuckle sometimes.
The sun is out and my thumbs are tired. Now thAt ican get online at home I'll be better about blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment